Senior Sous Chef Godfrey Kinyanjui puts his unique spin on a traditional Mexican dish: scrumptious, and super easy to replicate in your own kitchen.
* 2 eggs - poached, fried or scrambled; your preference
* Tinned Butter, and Black beans
* 1/2 tin tomato purèe
* 1 large jalapeno
* 1 large fresh tomato
* 1/4 tsp cumin
* Bay leaf
* Oil, for frying
* Fresh avo and feta for garnishing (optional)
1. Cut your tomato into medium-sized pieces
2. Slice your jalepeno in half, and remove the seeds and white flesh. This will decrease the heat.
3. Slice your onion.
4. Fry the onion, with the jalapeno strips, on medium heat until translucent.
5. Add the tomato cubes, cumin and bay leaf. Cover the pot, and allow tomato sauce to reduce. Add dhania.
6. Remove the sauce from the pan. In the same pan, fry the beans. As beans are frying, gently mash them into a smooth paste.
7. In a clean pan, fry the tortilla/s in oil until nice and crispy.
8. Assemble: begin with a layer of fried beans. Top with eggs, and then tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh avo, and feta. Enjoy!
Click HERE to watch Chef G cook this live, on our YouTube channel!