Excitement is reaching fever pitch at SEEHOA: we are just TWO SLEEPS away from our first ever Family Weekend!
Come Friday evening, 19th July, the Guinea Fowl Sports Field will be transformed into an absolute wonderland, for our screening of Christopher Robin, under the stars, at our Outdoor Movie sponsored by Grundig. We have had a fantastic response, and are looking forward to seeing you all there. Just a few notes to those who have booked:
* There is no 'seating' provided. The movie will be projected on a big screen, on the sports field. Residents are encouraged to bring along deck/camp chairs and blankets to sit on. It's going to be a cool night: make sure to pack a jacket!
* Spots on the sports field will be filled on a first-come, first served basis.
* Food and Beverage stations will open at 4.30pm. Check out the scrumptious menu, here. Reminder, all food and beverage purchases will be through a ticket system. If you missed that update, catch up here. Tickets are available at the Welcome Centre for pre-purchase, and will also be available throughout Family Weekend.
* The movie will begin promptly at 6.30pm. Please ensure you are seated, and ready to view!
On Saturday, 20th of July we begin the exciting sport programmes on offer throughout the weekend. As this weekend is about family, and the spirit of community, we would like to remind residents that the sports are not at all competitive: you do not need to be a professional athlete to take part. Simply come, and get involved! It's all about the fun. We have Soccer with Learnmore Soccer Academy on Saturday morning, and Adventure Golf a little later on. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to sign up. And, the highlight of Saturday is a two-hour performance from Veranda Panda - we are so excited! We're expecting a crowd, so please send your RSVP to email@example.com if you plan to be around for this portion. Again, please note there will be no allocated 'seating': procedure stated above, applies. We end off the evening with our Moonlit Night Walk: such fun! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this.
And, the weekend ends on Sunday, 21st July. We're up early to play cricket with Razzor's, and get a few tips from the KZN Dolphins: come pop in to learn from the pros. We've also got Cycling with STM; nothing like a crisp, morning ride on our trails to get the blood pumping! Browse through our Morning Market, and then watch the first annual Potjie Competition contestants get their potjies on the go.
Our official Birthday Celebration gets underway from 4pm: we've got cake - we need YOU to bring that quintessential Simbithi spirit. Take a short trip down memory lane with us, as we toast the past 15 years and look ahead to the next 15!
Our Kids' Zone is sure to be a highlight on Saturday and Sunday: we've got everything from Zorb balls, to a climbing wall, to a surf simulator, sumo wrestling and gladiator jousting: all free of charge. (Moms and Dads, you're welcome, too!)
A reminder that the Guinea Fowl Parking lot is closed throughout the weekend. Please use the Estate shuttle to get to and from the Sports Field: we have extended hours on Friday, as follows:
* Normal Shuttle Routes will apply between 4.30pm and 6pm. Hop on, hop off.
* Between 6pm and 9pm, the Shuttle will follow the routes mentioned here.
* On Saturday, and Sunday, the Shuttle will run as explained here.
You can view and download the full programme here.
This weekend is going to be nothing short of extraordinary. Make sure you're there!